Participate in an HNF CMT-Connect workshop in your area!
HNF encourages a holistic-educational and empowerment approach to its workshops. We will provide participants with a safe environment to talk about the emotional dynamics of dealing with a chronic illness. By acknowledging the physical and emotional challenges patients face on a daily basis, we will encourage and empower participants to be proactive advocates for their care, quality of life, and wellness needs.
Our holistic-educational approach to our support workshops offers participants:
- A spirit of empowerment to enable members to improve their quality of life
- Safety, empathy, validation, and much-needed support
- Factual information and new coping strategies
- A decreased sense of isolation and alienation for dealing with CMT
- Interactions with others dealing with similar experiences
- A sense of community
- Restoration of a member’s spirit of hope and self-confidence
- Increased self-awareness and a focus on an individual’s strengths
- An enlarged social support network
In addition, our findings from these workshops may help to engage research projects to support our community. Quality of life data is critical to implementing evidence-based clinical studies, which will have an overall positive impact, both physically and emotionally, on patients and families living with CMT.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW CMT-Connect Workshop in October!
Panetta Physical Therapy
3385 Veterans Memorial Highway
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779
Mike Eastwood from Bay Orthopedic is going to be discussing bracing and bracing options.