This November, the #GivingTuesday movement is running #MyGivingStory, a new storytelling contest that will highlight acts of generosity that may take place out of the public spotlight. They are asking individuals across the country to share their personal reasons for giving, and then share those stories with their communities.
As a supporter of the Hereditary Neuropathy Foundation, we’d be honored if you would take this opportunity to reflect upon your commitment to our work. Winners will receive Global Giving gift cards ranging from $100-500. The nonprofit they write about in their essay will receive $1,000-5,000 grants. Upworthy will also develop and share articles featuring the two first-place winning stories.
How to Enter #MyGivingStory
- Go to the contest entry form (http://woobox.com/kxdcce) or visit the #MyGivingStory tab on #GivingTuesday’s Facebook page.
- Post a short essay (200-words or more) responding to the question, “What inspires you to give?”
- In it, tell the story of a specific instance in which you supported a nonprofit organization in a way that was meaningful to you. *Kindly include www.hnf-cure.org web address in your essay*
- Submit your essay by November 24, 2015.
- Share and promote your submission on social media with #MyGivingStory and #GivingTuesday.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Thank you for your support of the Hereditary Neuropathy Foundation. We are excited about #MyGivingStory and #GivingTuesday, and hope you will participate in all our year-end activities!