Although we’re not ready to say goodbye to summer, September is fast approaching and the Hereditary Neuropathy Foundation (HNF) is once again ready to take on Charcot-Marie-Tooth (CMT) Disease. We are continuing our mission to increase awareness, raise research funds and find a cure for CMT! As patients, we know firsthand the challenges that come with living with CMT. We also know that it can be hard for others to understand what daily life is really like with a neurological disease… but there are those special kinds of friends who bring unconditional love as well as physical and emotional support for so many CMT patients… our pups!
Inspired by our favorite CMT Service Dog, Marvin, HNF would like to invite all dog owners (and non dog-owners) and their furry besties to take a bite out of CMT this September.
Here are 10 fun ways and events!
1.“CMT is Ruff” Bandana: Purchase a Bandana for your pup or yourself! Raise awareness and support research while sporting our exclusive bandana. Wear it any way and any where or style up your pup and post your photos on social media with #cmtisruff & #cmtwegotthis to share our important mission with friends and family! Photo with the most likes wins a $50 giftcard to chewy.com. (Must be wearing bandana)
CLICK TO PURCHASE: weblink.donorperfect.com/CMTISRUFF
3.September Awareness Kit: HNF has designed a September Awareness Month kit to assist you with spreading the word about CMT with every $30 donation. Each Kit includes: Pair of comfy CMT socks that say, “If you can read this, please help me up”, a Neurotoxic drug wallet card, a Diagnosis Chart, a Bumper sticker, an AFO guide and GRIN Flyer
Step #1: Purchase Your “CMT is Ruff” Bandana weblink.donorperfect.com/CMTISRUFF
Step #2: Share our Event page on social media and ask friends/family to support CMT research hnf-cure.org/cmt-virtual-dog-walk/
Step #3: Walk/roll with your pup any time on Saturday 9/25 and Sunday 9/26 wearing their bandana and post your photos/videos on social media with #cmtisruff & #cmtwegotthis
5. Flat Marvin: Don’t have a pup? No Problem! Marvin, the CMT Service Dog, to the rescue! Just download and print. Cut him out and stage your own photoshoot to spread CMT awareness. Tag us on social media using #cmtisruff & #cmtwegotthis. Want to learn more about service dogs for CMT patients?
DOWNLOAD HERE: www.hnf-cure.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/MarvinFlyer.pdf
Watch our exclusive interview with the real Marvin and his owner, Diana here!
6. Neurotoxic Drug Wallet Card: HNF created a neurotoxic drug wallet card to alert CMT patients about medications that may worsen their neuropathy. You can provide this vital information easily to all your healthcare providers when they prescribe a medication. With a minimum donation of $10, you’ll receive a neurotoxic drug wallet card. Just fill out the form below and HNF will send your card via snail mail to arrive within seven days.
7. Make Change with the RoundUp App: HNF has partnered with an app called RoundUp that allows you to round up and donate the change from your credit or debit card purchases to support us – all automatically and without hassle. You can even cap the maximum amount you want to donate in a given month. VISIT: hnf-cure.org/roundup-app/
8. CMT Dance Party: Celebrate CMT Awareness Month with your best dance videos on Instagram or Facebook! Post your or your pup’s best moves with #cmtwegothis & #cmtisruff. We’ll share our favorites on our social media and email blasts!
9. Follow us on Social Media: Connect with our growing CMT online community and be the first to learn about new resources, events and products when you follow us on social media! Submit your own photos and posts by tagging us using hashtag #cmtwegotthis. Don’t forget to print your Selfie Card and post pictures, making sure you tag a friend.
10. Bold Vision Master Class: Join us for our first groundbreaking 90 minute Bold Vision Master Class with international coach, speaker and cofounder of The Fast Forward Group, Lisa McCarthy. This interactive and engaging virtual class will be specially tailored for individuals living with CMT who want to explore new possibilities for their lives. Lisa is an in-demand public speaker. Known for her relatability, authenticity and candor – clients SUCH AS Facebook, Google, JP Morgan Chase, NBCU, Disney, Visa, Nike, Aon and YPO count on her to leave people inspired and in action.
TO REGISTER: weblink.donorperfect.com/BoldVision
VISIT HNF’s September Awareness HUB on the HNF site to get involved! hnf-cure.org/september_awareness_2020/