Although we are not ready to say goodbye to summer, September is fast approaching and the Hereditary Neuropathy Foundation (HNF) is once again ready to take on Charcot-Marie-Tooth (CMT) Disease. We are continuing our mission to increase awareness, raise research funds and find a cure for CMT!
How to get involved:
In September, HNF has many ways to participate in our ongoing efforts to find a cure for CMT. Here are a few exciting and fun ways for you to join us in our efforts to raise awareness and funds:
1. Join our #ShowYourHandsCMT social media campaign
We are continuing our popular Text2Give campaign this year with the theme “ShowYour Hands”. Learn more here. If you or someone you know has CMT, you can show your support by participating:
• Text CMT to 501501 to donate $10
• Snap a picture of your hands #ShowYourHandsCMT
• Share on a social media
• Share with your friends
2. Social Media Awareness with pictures
Upload the #ShowYourHandsCMT banner found on HNF’s September Awareness page to update your own Facebook cover photo and/or Twitter page to help spread the word about CMT Awareness Month! Find the Facebook banner here. Find the Twitter banner here.
3. Donate while you dine out with family and friends!
Want to help fund research and build awareness? Here is your chance to mingle with friends and family while you dine! HNF has set up fundraising events at multiple California Pizza Kitchen locations across the country. Simply visit one of these locations: https://www.hnf-cure.org/california-pizza-kitchen-campaign/ on the designated day and present our flyer to your server. 20% of your bill will be donated to CMT Research. If you would like to take it a step further and be the host at your local California Pizza Kitchen location, contact [email protected] to find out how.
4. Nominate yourself or a loved one as a CMT Warrior!
HNF has featured a “CMT Weekly Warrior” for the past few months on our social media platforms. This has consisted of a photo and summary to celebrate the brave individuals living with CMT. During the month of September, we want to hear about “your” CMT Warrior.
What makes a CMT Warrior?
A CMT Warrior is any patient or caregiver who inspires, exceeds expectations and pushes through boundaries for the benefit of the CMT community.
If you would like to nominate someone, please submit your story along with a photo to [email protected]. Every story will be highlighted throughout the month of September on our website and social media communities.
An HNF panel will review all entries and announce our “CMT Warrior 2015” on October 5, 2015. Please submit your entry by September 30, 2015 for consideration. Our CMT Warrior will be featured in HNF’s Fall CMT Update as well as on our website and social media communities. For questions or comments, email us at [email protected].
5. Host an event or start a fundraising-letter writing campaign
• Sponsor a local event in your town (i.e. Spin for a Cure) or participate in a local event and wear your Team CMT shirt to help spread awareness as you raise funds for research. If you are not a Team CMT member, you can join here.
• Send a letter out to family and friends to contribute to CMT research. To download a sample letter, click here.
Here’s to another successful September! Thank you to all who help us on our journey to find a cure for CMT!
Any questions or suggestions contact: [email protected]