When searching for support and answers to CMT questions, social media can be very beneficial. However, not everyone is on social media, and not everyone feels comfortable asking questions that friends and family may see…especially if they are more private in nature.
Providing safe virtual spaces for the CMT community is a top priority for HNF. We believe everyone should have access to the information that matters most to them!
That’s why we’ve teamed up with Inspire to create a growing community of over 9,891 members!
So, why do CMT patients love CMT Safe Space?
- Increased privacy: CMT Safe Space is closed to the public, which means that only group members can access the content and discussions.
- Greater focus: Searching by topic can help ensure that the conversations remain on-topic and can be archived.
- Enhanced sense of community: Because CMT Safe Space is more exclusive and focused, it fosters a stronger sense of community among members. This can lead to greater feelings of support, validation, and understanding.
- Access to reliable information: CMT Safe Space is moderated by HNF and provides reliable information, treatment options, and resources for managing symptoms.
- Reduced stigma: Having the option to post under an avatar’s name can help reduce the stigma surrounding certain symptoms by providing a safe space for individuals to share their experiences without fear of judgment or discrimination.
- Connect based on location: Having the option to share your zip code allows members to connect based on proximity. Finding local members who can recommend local resources, events, and healthcare providers can be valuable and activate real-world connections.