The Hereditary Neuropathy Foundation is continuing their popular Text2Give campaign this year with the theme “Show Your Hands.”
Everyday tasks such as holding a coffee cup, opening a gas cap, and buttoning a shirt can be challenging, and in some cases, impossible for those affected with Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease (CMT). Because there are different types of CMT, hand symptoms can also vary from patient to patient. People with CMT may experience the following hands signs and symptoms:
- Contractures and bone deformities: This can “lock” the fingers in a flexed position, limiting normal range of motion.
- Muscle weakness: Progressive loss of hand control.
- Sensory loss: Sense of touch and temperature is diminished. CMT patients may experience cold hands, tingling, burning, and/or dry skin.
You can show your support for those living with CMT by participating in our Text2Give social media campaign.
- Text CMT to 501501 to donate $10.
- Snap a picture of your hands with your mobile device.
- Share your picture on any social media platform #ShowYourHandsCMT.
- Share/tag your friends Text CMT to 501501 to donate.
You can also help spread the word by updating your Facebook cover photo or Twitter header photo with our #ShowYourHandsCMT banner found HERE.
Together, let’s join hands and find a treatment and a cure for CMT hands!