Author: A Passionate Plate
- 3 cups each diced carrot, celery, onion and potato
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 lb. bag frozen corn
- 4 cups cooked turkey, diced
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can evaporated skim milk
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- In a large Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Stir in the carrot, celery, onion and potato and cook until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and cook, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes, or until the flour is nice and golden brown.
- Whisk in the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the corn, turkey, soy sauce, cheese, milk and pepper. Bring back to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add the thyme and adjust seasonings, as necessary. Serve immediately or wait until it is cooled off and store in individual portions in the freezer