Our community has a special opportunity to educate health care professionals about CMT! Just released, the third annual Rare Neurological Disease Special Report—a widely-read supplement mailed out with March’s Neurological Reviews magazine—has CMT taking a front-row position with several articles discussing the latest developments in CMT treatments and improving CMT care.
Featured articles about CMT and HNF’s related initiatives include:
- An update on the on-going PXT-3003 Phase III clinical trial for CMT1A (pg. 7)
- A review of key patient-reported findings from HNF’s “Inaugural Patient-Centered CMT Summit” are showcased to encourage improvements in research and care. (pg. 8)
- Orthopedic surgeon and HNF Summit speaker Glenn Pfeffer, MD assessing “Bracing Versus Surgery for Patients with Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease” (pg. 9)
- An overview of the current clinical therapeutic potential of gene therapy for rare neurological diseases (pg. 31), and,
- The launch of HNF’s survey for health care professionals to assess pediatric CMT careand to work towards developing pediatric Standards of Care guidelines (pg. 49)